Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day

When my sister said we were up for some adventure this 4th of July, she wasn't kidding! We were off to do a little bit of hiking and climbing. I was ready for the adventure... and then I saw this.

Let me introduce you to Pinnacle Mountain. Pinnacle Mountain, jutting 1,011 feet above the Arkansas River, has been a natural landmark for centuries.

After hiking 2 miles around the base trail, we began our conquest for the summit. It was a 3/4 mile climb to the top. Considering the 93 degree weather we were having, it wasn't an easy climb for me but I pressed on... and boy am I glad I did.

You couldn't help but feel free standing at the top as the birds soared around below you.

We live in an amazing country... filled with the beauty that God has created and brave men and women fight to protect. It was a perfect day!





I told Patty I think we're ready for Everest!!

No comments: